Let’s talk fashion. I love fashion, texture, design, and accessories as an expression of self and beauty. The marriage of form and function is a way to celebrate all that is personally unique. But the one trend I’ve been scared to try is the jumpsuit. So, I headed to Google to sort things out. Here's my search history:
1. Eileen Fisher Jumpsuits-I’ve longed to wear a jumpsuit for ages but haven’t had the hutzpah to try and pull one off…but I do love this one from Eileen Fisher. Somehow I like the idea of being one of those women that just throws on a single piece with a great pair of shoes and minimalist makeup and heads out the door flawless. Far from reality I know but a girl can dream. I can’t really justify the $200.00 price tag either, so this search is a bit like house-porn searches; fun to do but you know you’ll never buy the oceanside mansion for 1.5 million. Check out the jumpsuit I’m eyeing here
2. How to style a jumpsuit so you don’t look like a housepainter. Needs no explanation, I don’t want to end up looking like a sack of potatoes.
3. How to wear a jumpsuit if you’re flat chested. Apparently belts help define the waist and give the illusion of curves. One can always hope.
4. Women over forty and jumpsuits. Due diligence here. I mean, the last thing I want to do is age myself by dressing too young and looking like a darn fool. Apparently it’s still très chic to wear one well north of forty.
5. Eileen Fisher Jumpsuit reviews. Anyone my height and size like this thing? Answer is yes and yes. I started itching for my debit card.
6. The Sartorialist The total ultimate in all things style, this blog was created by photographer Scott Schuman as a way to bring conversation around fashion and daily life. His photos have been published into beautiful anthology books and are also on display in permanent museum collections. There is a most fabulous woman on this page in a navy jumpsuit, belted of course. Fabulous heeled boots, grey suede clutch and, you guessed it, minimal makeup and hairstyling. Lès Sigh.
Ok peeps, I need your vote. Shall I plunk down the money and go for the jumpsuit? I promise to share pics-even if I do look like a sack of spuds. Let me know in the comments below!